MONTSONÍS CASTLE: Wine route
The pack perfectly combine wine, gastronomy, culture and tradition!
A great choice to spend a full day where you will enjoy the charms of the area with the best company.
* We start the day with a guided tour in English of the area wineries and tasting a few wines.
* Then, enjoy a visit in English to the Montsonís Castle .
Built in 1024 by order of the Count of Urgell, Armengol II. It was for centuries at the hands of various lineages until reach, always from fathers to sons, Carles Montoliu -Baron of Albi-, thirtieth Lord of Montsonís and current owner of the castle.
The majestic building include: the magnificent façade, dominated by the tower of homage, the private chapel, the kitchen benches banks, the bakery, the prison, the cellar, the room reserved for pilgrims, the weapons room, the shields room and other rooms displaying tapestries and memories of other times.
* Starts a landscape route that will take you through the most beautiful villages on the banks of the Segre and to be guided in a typical restaurant to taste the dishes of the traditional Catalan cuisine.
* Afterwards, lunch at a local restaurant.
* Next, visit to the caves and sanctuary of Salgar.
Former Carmelite convent until the secularization in 1835. Highlights the church, a Renaissance cloister and a large stone building. The site is protected by a stone wall with a gateway. The ensemble is under beautiful rock shelter and close to the Segre river, a unique combination.
* Finally, wine and local products tasting in "La Botiga Montsonís" .
Tasting of local products: salami, sausage, olive sauce, oil and cheese accompanied by three "D.O. Costers del Segre" wines degustation.
After the degustation we will finish the activity.
Includes:Guide and Diner
The package includes:
- Guided tour in English of the area wineries while tasting some wines.
- Guided english tour in Montsonís Castle.
- Free access to the caves and sanctuary of Salgar.
- Tasting and degustation at "La Botiga de Montsonís".
PRICE: 54,65€ / person
Check price for groups of less than 8 people!
You may also be interested:
ADRENALINE IN VILADECANS
Tears of St. Lawrence viewed as 5000 years ago!
Want to be a "tocacampanes"? Come and take off the card!
SWIMMING BETWEEN TUNA: A unique experience
HOMES AVAILABLE FOR NEW YEAR