Take the opportunity to enjoy a fantastic experience while enjoying four activities in one day.
Built in 1024 by order of the Count of Urgell, Armengol II. It was for centuries at the hands of various lineages until reach, always from fathers to sons, Carles Montoliu -Baron of Albi-, thirtieth Lord of Montsonís and current owner of the castle.
The majestic building include: the magnificent façade, dominated by the tower of homage, the private chapel, the kitchen benches banks, the bakery, the prison, the cellar, the room reserved for pilgrims, the weapons room, the shields room and other rooms displaying tapestries and memories of other times.
Today, the castle is inhabited by Baron of Albi and his wife and is the headquarter of the Cultural Foundation of Catalonian Castles (FCCC).
* Afterwards, visit to the caves and sanctuary of Salgar.
Former Carmelite convent until the secularization in 1835. Highlights the church, a Renaissance cloister and a large stone building. The site is protected by a stone wall with a gateway. The ensemble is under beautiful rock shelter and close to the Segre river, a unique combination.
Tasting of local products: salami, sausage, olive sauce, oil and cheese accompanied by three "D.O. Costers del Segre" wines degustation.
* Starts a landscape route that will take you through the most beautiful villages on the banks of the Segre and to be guided in a typical restaurant to taste the dishes of the traditional Catalan cuisine.
* Finally, lunch at a local restaurant.
After the lunch we will finish the activity.
The package includes:
- Guided english tour in Montsonís Castle.
- Free access to the caves and sanctuary of Salgar.
- Tasting and degustation at "La Botiga de Montsonís".
PRICE: € 46.60 / person
Check price for groups of less than 8 people!