Medieval Days: clothing workshop
Fabrics and colors
Children know castles, warriors, soldiers, kings, princesses, dragons ... the stories narrated many stories and legends, but very few know how it really a castle, as they lived, what they had weapons to defend themselves, as when cooked and eaten like laundry, as protected from the cold, with a visit to the castle ... the world will be your imagination and will know firsthand.
The objectives of the workshop include:
- The study and development from the Middle Ages to the present day through the wardrobe: how do detective and discover the story and the events reflected in the clothing
- Get the taste of the noble court and the momentum on trade and international relations caused by the search for new fabrics and dyeing techniques in other cultures.
- Also known as the clothes suited to the environment and social innovations. Also study the influence of religion in the clothing
- We will know the customs of the time by a detailed description of each piece of clothing, from hats to alms bag, through caps and sandals ...
Make a piece of clothing and fashion models medieval starring the participants in the workshop.
DURATION OF THE WORKSHOP:
Approximately 3 h. (This may vary depending on the number of students and the needs of each group Time)
Recommended for children and Upper Secondary
The workshop can be adapted for younger children (contact us)
- Guided tour of the monastery and caves Salgar
- Other activities / cultural visits
- Guided tour of the castle Montsonis
- Taller d'indumentaria medieval
- Focus of work
- Area where food services (sandwich carried by children)
- They take home a piece sewn her own
You may also be interested:
Medieval Days: danced and danced with the troubadours
Medieval Days: Medieval kitchen
Medieval Days: Workshop "The Medieval World"
School activity: dramatized visit to the Castle of Montsonís